03 August 2011

sweet sweet sweet

Apparently, Snow White and I are just fortunate enough to run into boys who are as sweet as sugar.

I took The Tenor out for dinner on Monday (getting it to be my treat is a difficult struggle!  But he gave in graciously.)  We enjoyed our delicious food and conversation and then retired to a practice room, where we sat snuggled up on the piano bench, playing and singing and talking and holding one another. 

As summer starts to draw to an end, I begin to realize how very much I will miss this boy.

He's so sweet.  I normally gad about in flip flops, this being Arizona, and had on a pair of little white heels since I was wearing a dress for our date.  He noticed them when we were getting up, and commented on how cute they were.  Now, I'm not a shoe-a-holic like some girls, so it doesn't matter much to me if you notice them or not.  What gets me is that he comments because he thinks I might want to hear it, and he wants to make me happy.  He does that when I get a pedicure, too, or change my fingernail polish.  It's sweet.

He holds doors.  He puts his hand on my back to guide me through church.  He walks me to my car, and always tells me to drive safely home.  He winks at me.  He holds me.  He's always cheerful, happy and bouncy and yet willing to be serious when the situation calls.  He lets me fall asleep on his lap and keeps others from disturbing me.  He sings to me, and dances with me, and is considerate of my possible whims.  He remembers things, little burbles dropped in conversation.  He learns about me, and acts on it.  He's wonderful.

He calls me sweetheart, and sweetie, and sweetness.  Apparently we agree on what we are - just sweet.

3 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...